Homege to Blasco Ibañez
OCTUBRE CCC | SATURDAY OCTOBER 7th | 7.00 pm
GUAPEZA VALENCIANA, Rafa Gassent
Spain 1976 | 6 min | VO | Joan Carles Palau, Enrique Luna, Begoña Santaelices,Carmen Segarra, Manel Chaqués
- In the Valencia of 1898, Pepet is hired by the manager of a card game to put him in charge of the Bandullos, who annoy him with his demands and constant taxes. His loves shared with the cantaora Maria la Borriquera and the smaller of the Bandullos will end in tragedy.
L’ORELLA D’UN LLADRE, Rafa Gassent
Spain 1998 |58 min | VO | Joan Monleón, Daniel Machancoses, Enrique Luna, Begoña Santaelices.
- Twenty years after the events in ‘Guapeza Valenciana’, the survivors meet again to avenge Pepet’s death. Blasco Ibáñez witnesses those events.
- Tragedy that evokes the resistance of the city of Sagunto in front of the troops of Aníbal. Sonnica loves her city and suffers as she gazes into it. He will defend it by paying even with his own life.
LA NAU | FRIDAY OCTOBER 13th | 6.00 pm
- Incomprehended, uncomfortable, criticized, but never completely forgotten, the figure of Vicente Blasco Ibanez remains enveloped in a halo of mystery, ignorance and prejudice.
OCTUBRE CCC | WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 11th | 7.00 pm
UN FUNCIONARIO, Vicent Tamarit
Spain 1991 | 57 min | VO |
- The most “luxurious” production that has been seen, since it is a pilot chapter for a series for Canal 9 that never came to be shot. An official tells the times of Blasco to the front of the Town, when it is imprisoned by publications on the Cuban war.
LA NAU | FRIDAY OCTOBER 6th | 5.30 pm
- A documentary on the history and memory of the Valencian emigrants, mainly from the south, in Oran and Algiers based on the testimony of 30 people who were born or lived in Algeria, most of them until 1962, the year in which the war of independence ended and there was one of the greatest exodus of history.
LA NAU | FRIDAY OCTOBER 6th | 7.30 pm
- During Franco’s dictatorship and until the 90s, there were newborn babies stolen from their parents without them knowing it, to be sold. Doctors, nuns, priests, social workers and nurses were involved.
LA NAU | SATURDAY OCTOBER 7th | 5.30 pm
- Josefa Celda looks for where his father, a Labrador of Republican Left, is buried, to make possible the exhumation and the transfer next to the grave of her mother.
OCTUBRE CCC | SUNDAY OCTOBER 8th | 7.00 pm
- This is the first documentary that touches on the figure of doctor, rector and republican politician Joan Peset Aleixandre, who reconstructs the whole process against Peset through the documents that are preserved in the Military Archive of the Ministry of Defense in Madrid.
OCTUBRE CCC | MONDAY OCTOBER 9th | 7.00 pm
- Work in progress on the life of Josep Almudéver, born in Marseilles and raised in Alcàsser (Valencia), is one of the international brigaders who participated in the Spanish Civil War in favor of the Republican side, and the only one who is alive today.
OCTUBRE CCC | TUESDAY OCTOBER 10th | 7.00 pm
- It narrates the void in the memory that the generations of young people have on the repression Franco. Vacuum and silence that began in the children of the returnees for fear of new sufferings and punishments for the family.
FILMOTECA | TUESDAY OCTOBER 10th | 8.00 pm
LAS MAESTRAS DE LA REPÚBLICA, Pilar Pérez Solano · Homage to Alejandra Soler.
Spain 2013| 65 min | VO | Goya millor documental 2014.
- The Republican teachers were women who participated in the conquest of the rights of women and in the modernization of education. His legacy has reached our days.
OCTUBRE CCC | THURSDAY OCTOBER 12th | 7.00 pm
- When the uprising against republican Spain took place on July 18, 1936, the urgent military needs and the lack of popular support caused General Franco to order the compulsory mobilization of all Muslims with the capacity to carry weapons that inhabited the north of Morocco .
LA NAU | FRIDAY OCTOBER 13th | 7.30 pm
- This documentary developed an investigation from the plot revealed by Público in June 2016 on the partisan use of the Ministry of the Interior, during the term of Jorge Fernández Díaz, to prejudice to incriminate Catalan independence.
Homage to Basilio Martín Patiño
OCTUBRE CCC | THURSDAY OCTOBER 12th | 5.45 pm
- Libre te quiero narrates the camping organized by the 15-M Movement at the Puerta del Sol in Madrid from May to October 2011.
Homage to Alejandra Soler
FILMOTECA | TUESDAY OCTOBER 10th | 8.00 pm | 2,5 €
- The life of Alejandra Soler was a mighty river full of dangerous ràpids. A woman deeply committed to the noblest causes of her time: social justice, the democratization of culture, the equality of women.
Homage to Jeane Moureau
LA NAU | WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 11th | 6.30 pm
UNA HISTORIA INMORTAL, Orson Welles
Spain, 1968 | 58 min | VOSCast | Orson Welles, Jeanne Moreau, Roger Coggio
- In the Portuguese city of Macau, a wealthy businessman named Charles Clay, hires two people to recreate the story of a sailor who was paid to make another man’s wife pregnant.
Homage to Augusto Castellote
LA NAU | WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 11th | 7.30 pm
EL PICO II, Eloy de la Iglesia
Spain 1984| 115 min | VO | José Luis Manzano, Fernando Guillén, Agustín González
- Paco, son of a commander of the Civil Guard, has been involved in Bilbao in the murder of a pair of heroin traffickers. When the press becomes interested in the case, his father’s efforts to remove him from the drug and hide the evidence of the crime prove futile.
Homage to Federico Ribes
LA NAU | WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 11th | 7.30 pm
DONDE EL OLOR DEL MAR NO LLEGA, Lilian Rosado
Spain | 2010 | 86′ | VO | Nuria Herrero, Yoima Valdés, Sergi Caballero, Alfred Pico, Candela Fernández, Eduardo Velasco
- They are losers and do not know, so until the last moment they cling to a car that is always on the move and will never wait for them. Hate and loneliness, disproportionate disagreements and loves, animals of uncertainty and despair.
Homage to Cecilia Bartolomé
LA NAU | SUNDAY OCTOBER 15th | 5.30 pm
NO SE OS PUEDE DEJAR SOLOS… ATADO Y BIEN ATADO, Cecilia i Juan José Bartolomé
Spain, 1981 | 99 min | VO |
- Different types of characters express their opinions about the changes that took place in the Spanish Transition. The inconvenience and the sensation of tension that transmitted the film led to that it was “kidnapped” by the Administration until November of 1983.
INSTITUT FRANÇAIS | TUESDAY OCTOBER 10th | 7.30 pm | 2€
TIERRA DE PAPRIKA (My sweet Pepper land), Hiner Saleem
France, 2013 | 95 min | VOSCast | Arslan Korkmaz, Golshifteh Farahani, Suat Usta
- In Kurdistan, near the border between Iran, Iraq and Turkey, no one seems to want law and order, except Commander Baran. This man, who spent half his life fighting in the war, meets the beautiful teacher Govend.
INSTITUT FRANÇAIS | WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 11th | 5.00 pm | 2€
EL GATO DEL RABINO (Le chat du rabbin), Joann Sfar i Antoine Delesvaux
France, 2011 | 100 min | VOSCast | con les veus de François Morel, Maurice Bénichou i Hafsia Herzi
- After eating a parakeet, the cat of a rabbi acquires the ability to speak, and becomes a scholar of his master’s beliefs, criticizing them as only a cat could do, and establishing a strong friendship with the religious’s daughter.
INSTITUT FRANÇAIS | FRIDAY OCTOBER 13th | 7.30 pm | 2€
GIRAFADA, Rani Massalha
France, Palestina, 2014 | 85 min | VOSCast | Saleh Bakri, Laure De Clermont-Tonnerre, Ahmad Bayatra
- Yacine is a veterinarian at the last zoo in Palestine. His son Ziad has a special bond with the two giraffes. In an air raid on the city, the male dies. The female can not live alone and Yacine must urgently find a new partner.
FUNDACIÓN SGAE | TUESDAY OCTOBER 10th | 7.00pm
- Janine’s life seems to be going well until she gets raided on the subway and everything collapses. Trying to flee his inner torment, he escapes to the town where his father now lives trying to hide his wounds. However, there, far from finding peace, will approach its darker side.
FUNDACIÓN SGAE | WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 11th | 7.00 pm
- Chronicle of the nine years of struggle of the relatives of the victims of the Valencia metro accident of 2006, during which they exposed corruption, attempts to buy government wills and the servility of the media.
FUNDACIÓN SGAE | FRIDAY OCTOBER 13th | 7.00 pm
- Miguel is a boy of 14 years supervised by the social services. His mother, without work and unstable personal life, is unable to take care of him and forces him to seek refuge in the home of Bogdan, a Romanian who she was mistress of and lives in a nearby town. Everything hurries when the mother suddenly disappears.