ARAGÓ CINEMA | SUNDAY OCTOBER 8th | 7.00 PM
- Mohamed is the most popular name in the world. However, it is a name that has never been easy to use in the West. Mohamed, a ten-year-old tells us why he does not like his name, through lively anecdotes.
- A French single woman lands in the countryside of Marrakech to purchase a luxurious villa but when she visits it she is disappointed. Then she accepts the suggestion of a Moroccan taxi driver to play real estate agents.
- In an isolated rural place threaten by war, a child is forced to flee. On the way, corpses of horses everywhere. Only dead horses. Why? Why did the horses decide to kill each other?
- A village in the outback of Dalmatia during the war. 10-year-old Mia and 12-year-old Lorena are having a big day. Their father, Mirko, is going to be released from the camp where he spent the last three months as a prisoner of war.
- Sun-haw is a Chinese-Korean woman who works illegally in a hostel in the Chinese neighborhood of Paris. Sun-haw has everything planned: by leaving with her sister’s passport, she will be able move to another place. But nothing goes as she planned.
ARAGÓ CINEMA | MONDAY OCTOBER 10th | 7.00 PM
- A five year-old girl lives in the slums of Casablanca, surrounded by a wall that isolates it from the rest of the city. One day, she notices an unusual activity around the wall. Municipality workers are painting it.
- Baba Usta is a graveyard worker. When his office is threatened, he has to face both the municipality and a mysterious rival with powerful connections.
- LLeft alone as only inhabitants of a deserted fishermen village, two elderly, Lucia and Peppino, live in the hope that winter will never end.
- It’s Christmas Eve in Athens. 12-year-old Andreas goes from house to house singing carols. He wants to help his family but he can’t imagine how far his unemployed father will go to do the same thing.
- It tells how some sub-Saharan African women leave home in search of the European dream, embarking on a journey that implies motherhood, in a way they could never have expected.
ARAGÓ CINEMA | THURSDAY OCTOBER 13th | 7.00 PM
- I stare at a photograph: it touches me, it moves me and it opens a question into my mind once and again, demanding an answer.
- Three women face each other during a journey towards a misterious destination. A journey of hope for the future and to rebuild their past. It’s a journey made of expectations and acceptance, love and fight.
- Abu El Araby is a mythical character engraved in the Egyptian culture known for his glorious achievement and super powers. We have embarked on this journey in search for answers about his existence.
- A father, a son and ice hockey as a passion, but a hard reality to face.
- A young girl confronts the journey to get back with the man she loves. Their love story wasn’t easy, but they want to try it again. Two different worlds give life to a passionate and tormenting love.