MOSTRA DE CINEMA DEL MEDITERRANI 5th to 15th of October. RULES OF PARTICIPATION
Mostra de Cinema del Meditarraneo was born in 1980 as a social and cultural metting point. The film contest consilidated itself as a model festival for all the Mediterranean basin up to its closing in 2011.From 2013, the festival has come back as Mostra Viva del Mediterraneo including toher artistic expresions as music, literature, scene and visual arts. 2017 editcion of Mostra de Cinema del Mediterraneo will take place from the 5th to the 15th of October and it will be the first one of the new era with a competitive section.
1. All films must be shot and produced in the mediterranean countries or in countries with strong cultural links.
a) The Meditrranean countries are: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Egypt, Slovenia, Spain, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lybia, Lebanon, Malta, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, Palestine, Syria, Turkey, Tunisia and Cyprus.
b) The countries with strong cultural links are: Jordan, Kurdistan territories (Iran, Irak, Syria, Turkey), Mauritania, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Portugal and Romania.c)As a special case films shooted at Kurdistan territories should be at least 50% in Kurdish language.
2. All films should have been produced in 2015 or after.
3. There won’t be projection fees.
4. All films should include subtitles in English, French, Spanish or Catalan.
5. Works in progress are accepted
6. There will be the following sections:
- Official Competitive section of Mediterranean feature films
- Official Competitive section of Mediterranean short films
- Special section: Open Window
- Children section
- Videoclip section
The organization of the festival will stablish the comitees of selection and the juries of each section.
7. Official Competitive section of Mediterranean feature films
a) The feature films should be at least 70 minutes long of any theme. Mediterranean feature films of any genre.
b) All films must be Valencia premieres.
c)The independent jury will give to the director the main award of the festival, the Bridge of the Mediterranean, and a 4,000 € prize.
d)The Dona i Cinema festival will award a mention to he best female director.
e) The inscription free wil be 10 €
8. Official Competitive section of Mediterranean short films
a) The short films should be up to 30 minutes long of any theme, genre and technique
b) The short films section will be competitive, the award will be the Bridge of the Mediterranean and a prize of 1,000 €
c)The inscription free wil be 5 €
9. Special section: Open Window
a) Feature films of any theme and genre, premiered or not .
b) The films will be chosen from the ones not selected for the Official section but deemed relevant and from any other the festival programmers consider interesting.
10. Children Section
a) This section will include short films, either animated or live action, with a theme related to childhood.
b) The short films should be up to 30 minutes long.
11. Videoclips section
a) The mediterranean music pieces should be up to 10 minute long.
12. Succesful Submissions
a) When a submission is selected its submitter will be contacted by email. The author will not be allowed to withdra it
b) Submissions will be sent in .mov, .avi, .mpeg, .mp4, DCP or Blue Ray. Video: codec H264. Resolution up to 1920 x 1080 px; up to 30 frames per second.Audio. The suggested codecs are: AAC / MPEG-2 audio / AC3 / FLAC / MP2 along with a dialogue list in Catalan, Spanish or English in a .srt file.
c) Submissions will be sent through these platforms FilmFreeway (filmfreeway.com), MoviBeta (festival.movibeta.com), Click for Festivals (clickforfestivals.com) and Festhome (festhome.com).
MOSTRA DE CINE DEL MEDITERRANEO. Calle Almirante Cadarso, 28, bajo, izquierda. 46005 Valencia – Spain.
d) The festival will not pay shipping costs.
e) Submitted work could be projected as well in any special session of the festival.
13. The submitter authorises Mostra de Cinema del Mediterrani to use up to 3 minutes for promoting. As well, during the festival, the film will be hosted in a private platform for professional uses.
Only submissions before the 15th of July of 2017 will be admitted.